IN PERSON. Applications for On-Base housing are accepted from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Military Housing Office (MHO), Building TT43, Inchon Street, Tarawa Terrace, or the satellite office, from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Reception Center at 60 Molly Pitcher Road, Camp Lejeune, NC. Please bring all required documents.
In the absence of the service member, the spouse may apply with a Power of Attorney (POA) and documentation proving the service member is attached to Camp Lejeune/New River. For acceptance of Public Private Venture (PPV) housing, an amended Power of Attorney is required. Information and downloadable forms are provided by the MCB Camp Lejeune Staff Judge Advocate at: http://go.usa.gov/YNte.
ADVANCE APPLICATION. Advance applications are placed on the inbound waitlist until you have physically checked in to your command. Submitting an application in advance does not automatically add your name to the waiting list. Your application is held in a pending/inbound status until you have reported in. Once you have checked in with your command, you must report to the housing office within 30 days to maintain your control date. The control date is normally the date of detachment from the last permanent duty station. If the date you check in to the MHO is more than 30 days of your report date, you will go on the wait list effective the date you check in to the MHO. Complete a DD Form 1746, CG MCIEAST Addendum, Privacy Act Statement, Pet Addendum (located in Required Documents), and submit via one of the following methods:
• MAIL to Camp Lejeune Military Housing Office, 43 Inchon Street, Tarawa Terrace, NC 28543.
• E-MAIL to email@example.com
• FAX to (910) 450-1630 or (910) 450-1631
• IN PERSON
CONTROL DATE FOR WAITING LIST. Based upon date service member physically checks in to new unit and reports to Military Housing.
• Within 30 days of reporting for duty -- Based upon the service member's detachment date from previous command or date of marriage, whichever is later.
• More than 30 days after reporting for duty or after marriage -- Based upon the date member reports to Military Housing.
PETS. Incoming personnel will not be placed on an active waiting list without supporting documentation regarding pets. The Marine Corps policy on the control of domestic animals aboard Marine Corps Installations prohibits certain breeds. MCO 11000.22, Chapter 3, .
Supporting documentation required:
1. Proof of Registration
2. Proof of Vaccination
3. Proof of functioning Microchip Identification Device
4. Pet Addendum Form (located in Required Documents)
SEX OFFENDER. In order to preserve morale, welfare, and good order and discipline, registered sex offenders will be denied residence in housing aboard this installation. (Sex Offender Policy Acknowledgement & Disclosure)
INACTIVE WAITING LIST. If you will not be able to accept housing, you may want to place your application inactive. Your name will be removed from the waiting list and held in a separate file until the end of the time period you specify. Your control date will remain the same.
CANCELLATION OF APPLICATION. It is your responsibility to keep your application current. If we cannot find you, your application will be cancelled. This is the last thing we want to do, so talk to us. We are here to help. Notify the MHO if any of the following occur:
• Your contact information changes
• You deploy, go TAD or on leave
• You change military units
• You are obligated to a lease and cannot accept quarters at this time
• Change in rank or number of dependents