Update on Expired USID Cards - Update effective June 7, 2021
The DoD has extended temporary Uniformed Services ID (USID) card expiration policy guidance for all USID cards with expiration dates between Jan. 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021 as follows:
- Foreign Affiliates and their dependents – valid until Aug. 31, 2021
- Dependents of active duty service members – valid until Oct. 31, 2021
- Reserve and National Guard uniformed service members and their dependents – valid until Oct. 31, 2021
- Retirees, their dependents and other USID card populations – valid until Jan 31, 2022
- ID cards that expired prior to Jan. 1, 2020, have not been extended and must be replaced.
- ID cards with expiration dates after July 31, 2021 must be replaced by their current expiration date.
To schedule an appointment, please visit: https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/ (using Internet Explorer)
To read the full DoD memo, please visit: https://go.usa.gov/x6kut
Effective immediately, the Camp Lejeune ID Card Centers will close at 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday until further notice for cleaning and sanitizing. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
SAAR and Digital Signatures
The Camp Lejeune DEERS/ID Card has no authority or responsibility in preparing a SAAR or obtaining Digital Signatures. This is an ISC/Organizational Network Administrator function. For further assistance beyond the Network Administrator call the Enterprise Help Desk 855-373-8762.
- Face coverings are required for personnel who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 as directed by CG, MCIEAST, at the Camp Lejeune and Stone Bay IDCC
- The age limit for children receiving ID cards will remain at 14 until further notice.
- We are still under COVID-19 restrictions IAW CDC guidelines and only those who are receiving service are allowed in the IDCC.
- Please do not bring children with you unless they are receiving service.
IDCC Hours of Operation for Bldg. 59 are:
- Monday through Tuesday
- Walk-in from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Appointments from 12:40 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday through Thursday
- Walk-in from 11:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Appointments from 7:40 to 11:00 a.m.
- Friday – Open for walk-ins until 2:45 p.m.
For more information concerning the Stone Bay IDCC, please call 910-440-0158/2061.
Update on hours of operation and self-service logon
The Camp Lejeune ID Card Centers along with DMDC are always working to make it easier for you to handle business with us. Please utilize the following information to assist you and your families to make your next visit more pleasant.
If you are not able to come in with your family to get the ID cards updated, please utilize the DS Logon (The Department of Defense Self-Service Logon) or ID Card Office Online. The following brochures are available to assist you in using it. With either of these services, you have the ability to complete the DD-Form 1172-2 and digitally sign it. This form is required each time a family member gets an ID card unless the spouse has a Power of Attorney.
Appointments can be made at: https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/
Using State Driver's License as an identity document
When issuing DoD ID cards to customers, we are required to enter an expiration date for most identity documents in RAPIDS.
Active duty Service members and their eligible dependents may present a State driver's license with no expiration date. If the expiration date of a State driver's license is blank or displays ''military,'' the VO is required to enter the following as the expiration date of the driver's license:
- The expiration date of the DoD ID card being issued, or
- Up to three years from the current date (whichever is sooner).
DMDC will no longer allow DEERS/RAPIDS Sites to utilize an EXPIRED State Driver’s License as an identity document. The extension issued for an expired driver’s license is for driving privileges ONLY. It does not apply to identity documentation.
When using a state driver’s license as a form of acceptable identification, a PHOTO IS REQUIRED. If you have renewed your license and only have the paper copy without a photo, it can no longer be accepted unless you present your expired license at the same time.
REMEMBER, THE DEPENDENT ID CARD IS A PRIVILEGE CARD. At no time can a dependent receive an id card without proper identification or documentation.
To help us serve you better, please make sure you have everything you need prior to your visit.