Marine Corps Installations East-Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River Communication Strategy and Operations mission is to provide accurate, truthful and timely information to the public as well as service members and their families, preserve and promote good relations with the surrounding communities and document events for historical purposes.
We accomplish this mission through several means:
- Working with media outlets
- Distributing media advisories and press releases
- Facilitating interviews
- Responding to queries
- Providing escorts
There is a photo studio located on MCB Camp Lejeune in Bldg. 54 on Lucy Brewer Ave. and on MCAS New River in Bldg. AS-425. All personnel should walk-in for service, we do not make appointments for photo studio services. Dressing rooms are available.
The photo studio will provide command and official photos for all winners of command sponsored meritorious promotion and NCO/MOQ boards, in accordance with MCO 3104.1B. However, Marines requesting command board, official or any other types of photos for inclusion in meritorious promotion and NCO/MOQ packages will not be supported.
All customers must have all proper paperwork with them and have their full uniform, in accordance with current policy.
For unit appointments (10 or more people), please call 910-451-4261 to schedule a group appointment.
Photo Studio services still provided include the following:
- Command Board Photographs - Must be in full Service Alpha uniform
- Official Military Personnel File Photographs - Height/Weight verification form required
- OMPF photos will be submitted to MMSB the day your photo is taken. It is your individual responsibility to ensure the photo is posted to your OMPF. If your photo has not been posted to your OMPF within 5 business days, contact MMRP-60 at 703-784-3986 to verify their receipt of your photograph. For additional guidance on OMPF photographs, please read MARADMIN 052/19.
- No-Fee Passport Photographs - Web Orders or approved DD Form 1056 (obtain from passport office) required
- Naturalization Photographs
- Iso-Prep Photographs
- Green on Green (tattoo) Photographs - Speak with your career planner for requirements
CAMP LEJEUNE HOURS
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 7:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Closed: Thursday
MCAS NEW RIVER HOURS
- Thursday: 7:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Closed: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
For media queries, please contact us at 910-451-5655 ext. 1 or at email@example.com.
VISUAL INFORMATION OFFICE
Located in Building 54 on Lucy Brewer Avenue, MCB Camp Lejeune, the visual information office creates photo, video, graphic and illustration products for internal and external release, as well as historical documentation and investigations.
We provide large format printing, mounting, lamination and mass print production for MCIEAST units and tenant commands upon approval. All print requests must be made in person with a graphics specialist. The reprographics section is open from 7:30 to 11 a.m. and 1:00 to 4 p.m, except Thursday when they are closed in the afternoon.
- Speaker requests
- Band performances
- Color Guard
- Military Equipment Displays
- Parade Participants
Due to the operational tempo of units stationed on MCB Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River, requests for community relations support should be submitted no later than 90 days prior to the event date. Determination of feasibility of support is based on several factors (availability of resources, safety/risk management, etc).
Band Requests: Marine Corps Band requests can be made directly with the Second Marine Division Bandmaster at www.2ndmardiv.marines.mil/Units/Headquarters-BN/Band/RequesttheBand/.
Aviation Support Requests: To request Aviation Support (fixed or rotary wing) in support of community events, please download DD Form 2535 and email the completed request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and location of the event in the subject line. To confirm receipt or for any questions, call 703-614-1034.
Non-Aviation Requests: To request Non-Aviation support (color guard, ground equipment, Marine Corps speakers, parade participants, etc.) for a community event, please download DD Form 2536 and e-mail the completed request to email@example.com.
Tours: Due to elevated Health Protection Condition and Force Protection Condition levels, individual and group tours are not currently being offered on Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River. The health, welfare and readiness of our Marines is our highest priority and the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic poses a significant threat. Therefore, in order to limit the exposure of operating forces to the danger posed by COVID-19, all group tours and visits have been suspended.
Once tours can safely resume, please follow the below guidelines:
- Group size should be 10-45 individuals. Determination of feasibility of support is based on several factors (availability of resources, safety/risk management, etc.)
- All approved guests will be required to sign a Waiver of Liability form
- Submissions must be received by CommStrat at least 90 days prior to visit date(s)
- Submissions should be in letter format identifying:
- Name of group
- Purpose of the visit
- Requested dates of the visit
- Proposed itinerary/sequence of events
- Any special needs of individuals in the group
- Any potential VIPs within the group
Requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the COMMSTRAT Office, Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, PSC Box 20005, Camp Lejeune, NC, 28542.
Telephone: (910) 451-5655
Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
PSC Box 20005
Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
COMMSTRAT Offices on MCB Camp Lejeune:
2d Marine Division:
2d Marine Logistics Group: