Marine Corps Installations East-Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River Public Affairs and Combat Camera merged Oct. 1, 2017 to establish the Communication Strategy and Operations office, or COMMSTRAT. Although we may now answer the telephone differently, the same services will still be provided and the same contact numbers will be utilized.
Our mission is to provide accurate, truthful and timely information to the public as well as service members and their families, preserve and promote good relations with the surrounding communities and document events for historical purposes.
We accomplish this mission through several means:
- Working with media outlets
- Distributing media advisories and press releases
- Facilitating interviews
- Responding to queries
- Providing escorts
There is a photo studio located on MCB Camp Lejeune in Bldg. 54 on Lucy Brewer Ave. and on MCAS New River in Bldg. AS-425. All personnel should walk-in for service, we do not make appointments for photo studio services. Dressing rooms are available.
The photo studio will provide command and official photos for all winners of command sponsored meritorious promotion and NCO/MOQ boards, in accordance with MCO 3104.1B. However, Marines requesting Command Board, Official or any other types of photos for inclusion in meritorious promotion and NCO/MOQ packages will not be supported.
Photo Studio services still provided include the following:
- Command Board Photographs - Must be in full "Service Dress A" uniform
- Official Photographs
- No-Fee Passport Photographs
- Naturalization Photographs
- Iso-Prep Photographs
- Green on Green (tattoo) Photographs
Camp Lejeune (Bldg. 54):
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 to 11:00 a.m.
MCAS New River (Bldg. AS-425):
- Thurs: 7:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Closed: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Effective Dec. 3, 2020 the photo studio will reduce operations to Thursdays each week from 7:30 to 11:00 a.m. This reduction in hours is due to the elimination of photos for promotion boards and selection processes.
For media queries, please contact us at (910) 451-5655 ext. 1 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speaker requests
- Band performances
- Color Guard
- Military Equipment Displays
- Parade Participants
Due to the operational tempo of units stationed on Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River, requests for community relations support should be submitted no later than 90 days prior to the event date. Determination of feasibility of support is based on several factors (availability of resources, safety/risk management, etc).
Band Requests: Marine Corps Band requests can be made directly with the Second Marine Division Bandmaster at www.2ndmardiv.marines.mil/Units/Headquarters-BN/Band/RequesttheBand/.
Aviation Support Requests: To request Aviation Support (fixed or rotary wing) in support of community events, please download DD Form 2535 and email the completed request to email@example.com with the date and location of the event in the subject line. To confirm receipt or for any questions, call 703-614-1034.
Non-Aviation Requests: To request Non-Aviation support (color guard, ground equipment, Marine Corps speakers, parade participants, etc.) for a community event, please download DD Form 2536 and e-mail the completed request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tours: Due to elevated Health Protection Condition and Force Protection Condition levels, individual and group tours are not currently being offered on Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River. The health, welfare and readiness of our Marines is our highest priority and the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic poses a significant threat. Therefore, in order to limit the exposure of operating forces to the danger posed by COVID-19, all group tours and visits have been suspended.
Once tours can safely resume, please follow the below guidelines:
- Group size should be 10-45 individuals. Determination of feasibility of support is based on several factors (availability of resources, safety/risk management, etc.)
- All approved guests will be required to sign a Waiver of Liability form
- Submissions must be received by CommStrat at least 90 days prior to visit date(s)
- Submissions should be in letter format identifying:
- Name of group
- Purpose of the visit
- Requested dates of the visit
- Proposed itinerary/sequence of events
- Any special needs of individuals in the group
- Any potential VIPs within the group
Requests should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the COMMSTRAT Office, Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, PSC Box 20005, Camp Lejeune, NC, 28542.
Located in building 54 aboard MCB Camp Lejeune, we create photo, video, graphic and illustration products for internal/external release, historical documentation and investigations. We also provide studio support for all service members on Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River.
Telephone: (910) 451-5655
Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
PSC Box 20005
Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
COMMSTRAT Offices on MCB Camp Lejeune:
2d Marine Division:
2d Marine Logistics Group: