Trapping On Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
You must meet the authorized user requirements listed on the Conservation Law Enforcement Office “Hunting Web Site.”
A base trapping permit is required for persons 16 years of age and older, and must be in possession of a valid North Carolina State Trapping License.
A base trapping permit can be obtained via RecAccess. The Trapping Permit is valid for one year from the date of purchase, at a cost of $25.00.
All trapping must be conducted in accordance with the current North Carolina State and Federal Laws and Regulations governing trapping, to include the following requirements:
- Prior to setting trap lines, trappers will provide the CLEO office with the following: (1) map of trap line, (2) number and size of traps to be used, (3) start and stop dates setting/running trap line.
- Traps must be marked with owner’s identification.
- Traps must be checked in accordance with NC state regulations, and captured animals removed.
- Transport or sale of live animals trapped on the Installation is not authorized.
- Trapping is not allowed in areas being used for live-fire exercises, in the nature study area (located by Brewster Middle School and Lejeune High School), Paradise Point riding trails, impact areas, or within 100 yards of any residential area.
- All trapping harvest must be reported in the electronic tracking system.