Pass & Registration


Pass & Registration

Camp Lejeune Reception Center

Camp Lejeune, N.C.
Pass & Registration

Pass & Registration is located in the Camp Lejeune Visitor Center (Building 818) adjacent to the main gate.  They are open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.  Vehicle decals for permanent personnel will only be issued Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.

All contractor vetting has been moved to the trailer adjacent to building 812 which is open Monday through Thursday 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Building 812 is the first building on the right hand side as you enter the Camp Lejeune Main Gate.  Contractors will be vetted / screened through building 812 only.  No passes will be issued to contractors who do not have a DOD Common Access Card (CAC) from building 818.

Building 818 provides parking for our customers, up to one hour.  After one hour, your vehicle will be towed and stored off base at your own expense.

Visitor Center Hours Of Operation

Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.

Phone Number: (910) 451-7735 / 3478
Fax: (910) 451-1268

Contracting Office (Appointments): (910) 450-5978
Contracting Office Fax: (910) 450-5976

Taxi Vetting: (910) 449-4208

Below, you will find information regarding obtaining various base passes.


DoD Decals • Active Duty/Retired Military or Civilian DoD ID card
• Full Drivers License
• Original Vehicle Registration
• Proof of insurance (must meet NC minimum of 30/60/25)
• Driver's Improvement Course card (all Military under 26 years of age)
Reservists must present a command authorized letter.
Refer to Base Order 5560.2N for more detailed information.
Motorcycle Decals In addition to the above:

• M/C endorsement on Drivers License
• Base approved safety course
• Motorcycles must be physically present at Bldg. 818.
• If you are scheduled to take the safety course on base, you are permitted a 3 day pass (day prior to course, day of course and day after course).
• Once the basic safety course is completed, motorcycle riders must get a motorcycle endorsement on their license and will then receive a 120 day decal / pass.  Motorcycle riders will have 120 days to take the advance course and will then receive their permanent decal.  Riders must have endorsement on their license to receive a decal or pass.
Temporary Passes • Active Duty/Retired Military or Civilian DoD ID Card
• Drivers License
• Vehicle Registration
• Proof of Insurance (must meet NC minimum of 30/60/25)
Rental Car Passes • ID card and Drivers License
• Rental Agreement
Contractor Passes • Drivers License
• Vehicle Registration
• Proof of Insurance (must meet NC minimum)
• Completed MCB FORM 5512/43
• Letter of Employment from Company
• Letter of Contract with Navy for any Base work
• Vehicles must be physically present at Bldg. 812 for decal.

Who Rates Passes and on What Type of Vehicle

  Personally Owned Vehicles Rental Vehicles
Active Duty and Retired Military Personnel & Dependents • (1) 30-day temporary pass
• DoD Decal
Temporary pass for duration of rental contract
Retired DoD Civilians • (1) 30-day temporary pass
• Annual base pass (no decals)
Temporary pass for duration of rental contract
Contractors / Vendors • (1) 30-day temporary pass
• 1 year Contractor Decal
• Allowed two (2) registered vehicles
Temporary pass for duration of rental contract



Current Prescribed Burn Notice
Sexual Assault Prevention & Response
Click here to learn more.
Camp Lejeune Water Study