Family Housing Division


Family Housing Division

Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune

Camp Lejeune, N.C.
Required Documents

Military personnel applying for Military Housing must be assigned to the Camp Lejeune/New River area and have bona fide dependents that reside with the military member on a permanent basis. 

If the active duty member is not available but desire base housing he/she can give authorization to their spouse to sign a lease with the privatize partners with a Special Power of Attorney.  The two acceptable SPOA options are provided herein that can be used to authorize the spouse to initiate base housing. 

All advance inbound Applications should be directed to the Military Family Housing Office.

DD Form 1746  (Please include a valid email address, in case our office needs to contact you)

Sex Offender Policy Acknowledgement & Disclosure

Pet Addendum

Privacy Act Statement

SPOA for base housing; Notarization by notary public

SPOA for base housing; Notarization before commissioned officer

Common Housing Questions

Along with the required documents listed above, the member must provide one of the following:

Original orders with original reporting endorsement  


Certified True Copies of original orders and reporting endorsement.  


A letter from your Commanding Officer to the Director, Military Housing, giving the date of detachment from your last permanent duty station and the date you reported to Camp Lejeune for duty.  



Page 3 from your Service Record Book (Marine Personnel);

Page 5 from your Service Record Book (Navy Personnel).

A General Power of Attorney is acceptable if the following paragraphs are included:

To change, establish, start or stop, increase or decrease any allotment from my military pay for the payment of rent to Atlantic Marine Corps Communities, Lincoln Property, Mid-Atlantic Military Communities or any other property management firm or landlord that owns or manages rental properties aboard a military installation and to take any and all actions that may be necessary, convenient, or proper for such purpose.

I further specifically authorize my attorney-in-fact to sign any residential lease on my behalf and to make, endorse, accept, receive, sign, seal, execute, acknowledge, and deliver agreements, certificates, receipts and such other instruments in writing as may be necessary, convenient, or proper with regard to acceptance of military family rental property, including, but not limited to rental housing pursuant to any joint public/private venture between the United States, the Department of Defense, the Marine Corps, or any subunit thereof and any private, commercial property management firm or landlord.