U.S. Marine Corps photo by United States Marine Corps/Released 130513-M-ZZ999-728.JPG
May 13, 2013
Building H1 Main Entrance / Julian C. Smith Hall. Building H1 was built in 1942-43 as U.S. Naval Hospital, New River, and served as the main hospital for all the Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune until the Naval Regional Medical Center was opened in 1980. As a hospital, H1 was set at the tip of Hadnot Point, away from the rest of the main station, to prevent the spread of contagious diseases and to buffer the patients from noise.
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.