HOW TO EAS
***If you are being Administratively Separated or are a W95 Marine, please click on the information link regarding your type of separation from the "Useful Links" tab at the bottom of this page.***
Regular Separations (EAS):
***MARADMIN 307/16 mandates the use of the Outbound Interview (OBI) Module within MOL for Marines that are separating/retiring from the Marine Corps.***
In order to Separate from the Marine Corps, you must:
- Attend TRS 1 year to 6 months prior to your EAS. (Your Unit Transition Coordinator will help schedule this)
- Complete and submit your Outbound Interview. (OBI) via MOL (180 days out. Must be completed and APPROVED by your Command NO LATER THAN 60 days out from requested departure date)
- Once ADMIN CERTIFIED, go back into OBI to print out your approved DMO endorsement from OBI (listed under “attachments”) and take it to DMO to arrange household goods move and/or transportation. (10 working days after your unit approves your OBI, the OBI status should change to ADMIN CERTIFIED)
- Final Physical
- RPAC Checkout Sheet COMPLETE WITH STAMPS AND SIGNATURES (Available from your Unit S-1 or Useful Links tab below)
- CIF/IIF/Supply (30 Days out) – suggest even further out if there is missing gear
- 1 week prior to your Departure Date, go to IPAC with all separation documentation to conduct pre-checkout in order to identify any potential last minute issues.
*** Marines will not be given their orders and DD Form 214s until the day they are scheduled to detach. Any incomplete checkout requirements will cause a delay in your departure.***
The following must be completed and turned into the RPAC Separations section in order to receive your DD-214:
- Completed RPAC Checkout Sheet
- Completed DD Form 2648 (TRS w/ Capstone)
- Completed Career Planner Interview
- Completed Final Physical (DD Forms 2808, 2807, 2697)
- Complete Medical and Dental records w/ STR DD Form 2963 (2963 from local BAS. Outpatient Records at Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune will provide CD copy of medical records to member)
- Completed Missing Gear Statement (completed NAVMC 6 – If applicable)
- Approved TFRS message (only for those being involuntarily separated, ECFC, SEPS Pay, etc.)
- Page 11 for General under Honorable conditions (if applicable)
- RE code page 11 (applicable for all RE codes recommended that are other than RE-1A)
- Update your MOL and MyPay password and personal email before you depart Camp Lejeune.
- Make sure you complete your travel claim via MOL/OBI once you reach your final destination. It is money you are entitled to.
- Personal Statement of Military Compensation and Verification of Military Education (VMET) on MOL (anytime you want to look). PSMC is a good breakdown of what entitlements you receive in the military. It may shed some light on what it will take for you to maintain your current quality of life. VMET shows the courses you attended while on active duty and whether they are creditable for college credits.
- Tax Deferment for CY 21: All Marines Separating during Calendar Year 21 are subject to pay back the Social Security Tax deferral upon separation.
- If your OBI is CERTIFIED, and you take ANNUAL LEAVE before your TERMINAL START DATE, please bring in a copy of your APPROVED MOL LEAVE REQUEST. This will avoid any potential delays in providing you with your DD 214 and Separation Orders.