Needing Help With Your Move?

Welcome to the Personal Property Section
The Distribution Management Office (DMO) is here to help!

Video class and PowerPoint are at the bottom of this page that will help with the process of your move.

Location: Industrial Area - Building 1011 corner of Ash and Franklin Street
Hours of Operation: 0730-1600 Monday - Friday
                                   0730-1500 Thursday (closed for training at 1500)


You are in receipt of orders – Now what do I do? Prior planning is a must!



PCS CONUS (Continental US):  Authorized shipment of household goods (HHG) from current duty station to new duty station.

*** Service members are authorized shipments of HHG from place entered active duty or home of record to duty station***

RETIREMENT:  Authorized shipment of HHG to home of selection or NTS (for up to one year).

SEPARATION:  Authorized shipment of HHG to home of record or place entered active duty.  Shipments to other locations are subject to excess cost.  NTS is also authorized for up to 180 days.


Government move and/or NTS - A moving company is hired to come pack and move HHGs.

Personally Procured Move (formerly DITY move):  You pack and you move HHG.  Submit claim for reimbursement.

PARTIAL MOVE - This is a combination of the above moves.


If you are a first time user of, you need to create an account.  Go to (click this hyperlink to get there) and click on “CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT”.  Fill out the required information on the registration page.  Use a personal email!!  Once finished, submit your application.  You should receive another email within 24 hours to create a password.
• If you already have an account, attempt to log in.  You can click on “Can’t access account” to obtain your username or reset your password.  If a login is unsuccessful, you may have to reactive the account by clicking on “CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT”.  Accounts normally deactivate after nonuse of one year.
• Please contact the SDDC Systems Response Center (SRC) for assistance with DPS at: 
1-800-462-2176 (option 1, then option 2) or 618-589-9445 (option 1, then option 2).
While on the site you can also peruse additional information by clicking on “Moving Guide, Tutorials, FAQ, Customer Service, or Tools & Resources” tabs at the top of the screen (just above the picture of the tractor trailer)

Complete applications online from work or home (see below for required documents)
 ***Log in to your account, follow the directions to create the shipment and submit.

GOVERNMENT MOVE:  Upload signed DD1299, DD1797, and Orders/Authorization.  If applicable, copy of boat or motorcycle registration.

PERSONALLY PROCURED MOVE:  Upload orders.  A counselor will contact you to schedule an appointment to receive your documents.

When done, send an email to PPCIG@USMC.MIL to advise of your submission.  Be sure to include your first/last name and last 4 SSN in the body of the email.  You can also turn in your documents (in person) to Camp Lejeune DMO; otherwise your application will not be processed.

During normal periods of the year; documents must be turned in within 10 WORKING DAYS from your requested pick up date. However during the summer peak season (May, June, July, August, September) documents will need to be turned in within 3 weeks from your requested pick up date.

If performing a PPM (DITY) Move, you will be scheduled to attend a follow-on brief. This brief will give you all the information on how to properly conduct a PPM move and provide you the documents you will need to submit for reimbursement.


For Government shipment
• DD1299 & DD1797 (these forms are found on the submit page of the application in DPS)
1 copy of Orders with all endorsements –

   Marine Corps (contact IPAC to get orders (if needed))
     • • PCSing: Basic Orders
     • • Retire/Separation (EAS): DMO Endorsement from MOL or separation/retirement letter
     • • PCS/EAS/RETIRE: BUPERS orders
   Coast Guard
    ** Coast Guard Direct Access Orders (PCS/RETIRE/SEPARATION)

• 1 copy of ALL non-POV registrations (i.e., boats and motorcycles).
• Firearm inventory to include make, model, and serial number (if applicable)

For Personally Procured Move (PPM) (including Partial)
• 1 copy of Orders with copies all endorsements 
   Marine Corps (- contact IPAC to get orders (if needed)
     • • PCSing: Basic Orders
     • • Retire/Separation (EAS): DMO Endorsement from MOL or separation/retirement letter
     • • PCS/EAS/RETIRE: BUPERS orders
   Coast Guard
    ** Coast Guard Direct Access Orders (PCS/RETIRE/SEPARATION)

• 1 copy of ALL POV registrations (including boats, trailer, motorcycles).


- PPM Brief  (PowerPoint)


Video by Lance Cpl. Stephanie CoronaMorales
DMO How to CONUS move
Marine Corps Installations East
April 16, 2019 | 7:50
Cpl. Lauren Nichols, the government move NCOIC with the Distribution Management Office, Headquarters and Support Battalion, Marine Corps Installations East-Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, explains the step by step process for submitting an application for a household move within the continental U.S. utilizing the Defense Personal Property System Website. To begin the process, customers can visit then click the “Sign in to DPS” link. For those who are stationed at MCB Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River, more information regarding household moves can be obtained by calling the DMO office at (910) 450-8417 or emailing located on Camp Lejeune building 1011. (U.S. Marine Corps video by Lance Cpl. Stephanie Corona-Morales)
 Distribution Management Office
» Home
» Needing Help With Your Move?
      »       CONUS
      »       OCONUS
      »       Weight Allowance
» Passenger Travel
      »       Port Calls
      »       PCS Travel
      »       CTO
      »       Commercial Bus
      »       No-fee Passports
» Shipping Military Freight
» Personal Effects & Baggage Center
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Contact Us
» View Map to DMO Lejeune
» View Map to DMO Camp Geiger
     Request for Personal Property Info
For, DPS, moving dates, claims, classes,
update on shipment, storage
  Request for Freight Info
For base scales, loading of trucks and trains, small
package shipping, distribution
  Request for Passenger Travel & Passport Info
For passports, buses, airline tickets, DTS 
  Interactive Customer Evaluation