Trapping On Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune:
· You must meet the authorized user requirements listed on the Base Game Warden Office “Hunting Web Site.”
· A Base Trapping Permit is required for persons 13 years of age and older, and must be in possession of a valid North Carolina State Trapping License.
· The Base Trapping Permit can be obtained at the Base Game Warden Office. The Trapping Permit is valid from July of the year of purchase to the following June, at a cost of $25.00 dollars.
· All trapping must be conducted in accordance with the current North Carolina State and Federal Laws and Regulations governing trapping, to include the following requirements:
· Traps must be marked with owner’s identification.
· Traps must be checked daily, and captured animals removed.
· Prior to setting a trap line, trappers must notify the Base Game Warden Office by telephone letting them know where you intend to trap.
· Trapping is not allowed in areas being used for live-fire exercises, in the nature study area (located by Brewster Middle School and Lejeune High School), Paradise Point riding trails, impact areas, or within 100 yards of any residential area.
· Trapping is prohibited in training areas prior to and during scheduled organized hunts.
· Trappers must submit in writing to the Base Game Warden Office a report, within seven days after the end of the trapping season, specifying the number of/and species harvested during the season.
Type of Traps Not Allowed:
· All spiked-jawed and killer-type traps larger than No. 220 are prohibited. All killer traps must be completely submerged in water while set.
· All leg-hold traps larger than No. 2 are prohibited.