CAMP LEJUENE, N.C. and MCAS NEW RIVER, N.C. -- style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">CAMP LEJEUNE and MCAS New River, N.C. – Visitors to Marine Corps Installations with a driver's license or ID issued by a state that is not compliant with the Real ID Act of 2005 will need to provide an alternate form of acceptable identification to gain entry after January 22, 2018.
The Act established minimum security standards for license issuance and production and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting driver's licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act's minimum standards.
In absence of a compliant state issued driver’s license or ID, one of the following federally approved forms of identification must also be provided in addition to the non-compliant driver’s license or ID:
1. U.S. Passport
2. U.S. Passport Card
3. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
4. Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Card
5. Personal Identity Verification – Interoperable (PIV-I)
6. U.S. State Department Driver's License
7. Veteran’s Health Identification Card (Issued by the U.S.
Department of Veterans Affairs)
8. U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551)
9. U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship (Form
10. Department of Homeland Security Employment Authorization
Document (Form I-766)
If no alternate form of ID is presented, persons requesting access to base must be escorted by a sponsor who meets installation requirements otherwise they will be refused access.
Individual state’s compliance status can be viewed by visiting https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
For clarification on what the REAL ID Act means personally, visit http://dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs or http://tsa.gov and search "REAL ID."
Specifically for NC, individuals can visit https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/realid.
This information is subject to change on a daily basis and everyone is encouraged to continue to monitor the web for modifications.
The Real ID Act does not affect installation access for any who already possess a current acceptable identification.